Vegan Tacos and Vegan Taco Salad Recipe
This quick and easy recipe for vegan beef tacos or vegan taco salad is tasty and only takes about 10 minutes to prepare. This recipe is completely free of meat and dairy.
- Flour tortillas (if you are making tacos)
- Low-sodium corn chips (if you are making taco salad)
- 12 oz. package of soy crumbles (Morning Star, Yves, BOCA, Smartground)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Shredded diary-free cheese
- Dairy free sour cream (Tofutti)
- 2 tbsp. finely-chopped onions
- Shredded lettuce
- Refried beans (optional)
Directions for how to make vegan tacos or vegan taco salad:
- Heat soy crumbles in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Add ¾ cup water and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add entire package of taco seasoning, mix well.
- Allow to simmer for another 2-3 minutes until the seasoning has absorbed most of the water.
How to Assemble Vegan Tacos:
- Spread 1 tsp. of sour cream onto a tortilla.
- Add desired amount of soy beef, dairy-free cheese, onion, salsa and lettuce.
How to Assemble Vegan Taco Salad:
- Place about 1 cup of corn chips in the bottom of a bowl.
- Add layer of lettuce.
- Layer soy beef, cheese, salsa and sour cream.
This is a versatile recipe. Don’t be afraid to deviate from these ingredients and add other toppings, like black beans, refried beans, taco rice, hot peppers, cilantro, lime juice, salsa verde or anything else you like on your taco!